negetive spaces themed peice- "dead ends" poem


"Dead Ends"

Between Somewhere and Somewhat,

 there is a meaning to my madness

A lengthy underground tunnel,

 undocumented and unknown

Between Nothing and Something, 

there is a method to my malice

In the shallow puddle of aged sewer water,

rain, and a hint of long-lost blood.

Between Absence and Presence, 

there is a motive to my making.

As of this tunnel, I venture.

Between nonviable and vitality

, there is a magic to my morbidity

The echo cackles a little louder now,

echo traveling from the beyond

and ahead of the end of the tunnel

 I have to walk faster to find it.

Between Disappearing and Prevailing, 

there is a motion to my Immobility

Is that a whisper behind me? A message? 

A warning in this hollow trail of the unknown? 

Between Tonight and tomorrow, 

There is a sort of music to my mutism

All I can do to entertain, to encourage,

 to promote anything in the emptiness of this place, 

Between Later and Before, they left me here to rot,

 it seems another hour clicks past

But this sorry excuse of a tunnel trail leads to Nothing but a halt

to the wonders of my own shallow Imagination.


Acknowledgments-

Ok, this is a rough draft and I'm not yet too proud of it and thinking It though, maybe I shouldn't even post this yet on the blog but I thought it was only fair to show the evolution of writing, the journey instead of the destination only. Negative Space just means a space but with an undeniable lack of something that you can't exactly put your finger on. We were concerned that the audience/writers would interpret this as exclusively Horror, but it doesn't really have to be. The poem is uneasy-feeling, that's for sure but the message should be taken as more meaningful than a horror piece that leaves your mind scrambled and your heart pumping.



Comments

Popular Posts